Exchange in the North America has finally ended. I feel like I have conquered half the world PHEW. Places I have left my footprints include (in the order I have visited them):
2) Niagara Falls (THRICE)
3) Quebec City
6) Buffalo (can only be represented by its wings)
7) Palm Springs (BEST WEEKENDDDD!)
9) Cancun (MY FAV LEG OF MY TRAVELS)
12) San Fran
14) San Diego (can only be represented by Phil’s BBQ recommended by the classmates in SD)
15) Vegas (BUCKET LIST CHECKED! Probably bungee jumping next!)
16) Grand Canyon/Arizona
17) Colorado Springs
20) Washington DC
22) NYC (BIG APPLE WAS SO GOOOOOD + SUPERB FUN AMAZING COMPANY = ULTIMATE. I am also glad that there are the SSMers in States having their exchanges too. They are such a fun bunch to travel with that I am already missing them)
Coincidentally, there are 22 cities/places in total, probably a prelude to the age of double two soon! Experienced so much during these 147 days that it is one of the milestones in my life. One of the biggest achievements @ the age of 21 will be travelling/backpacking solo. It allowed me to see the world at my own pace and it was one of the things I learnt to appreciate and treasure while travelling especially when different opinions are evident in a group.
The unexpected leg of this journey will be Cancun and it was my fav out of the all places I have visited. The thought of going to Mexico never did appear when I left for exchange. I have never expected to enjoy myself so much in that Spanish-speaking land. Cancun was exotic, beautiful and special. The liberation from exams and fresh new start to travelling might have contributed to my liking for it, but Cancun was the place that offered something unique everyday. Cities in the USA become boring after a while because they all have similar points of interests – a tall tower for skyline viewing, a science centre, an aquarium, or it’s museum after museum (though I must say the holocaust one was really really good). Ok, with the exception of NYC, I like NYC. I loved the company :)
I have survived 147 days consisting of cold, shivers, snow, slush, cooking, tennis, road trips, housiez, heartbreaks, solo backpacking, skypes, first-times, towers, museums, skyscrapers, flying, beach, snorkelling, sunburns, wonders of the world, over-the-moons, SSMers, broadways. I love 2013 already :) And the year’s only gonna get better.
And you played it to the beat.